A permanent role based in the City of London. Our client is a rapidly growing outfit whose goal is to help arts institutes and theatres bring their ticket sales in house.
Although the title for this position is DevOps, the role is essentially more of a Systems Administrator initially. The opportunity will develop into more of a DevOps type role as functionality of the team grows. The team will be moving towards continuous deployment and automation in the next year and therefore at this moment in time lots of things are still done manually.
Primary activities will include:
- Ensuring our system is hosted efficiently and runs quickly.
- Contributing to an uptime goal of 99.99% availability.
- Working closely with our Customer Support team to quickly resolve live system issues.
- Automating integration, testing and deployment for our live and DR systems.
- Helping keep our infrastructure documentation up to date.
- Working closely with the rest of the engineering department (Development and QA) to facilitate their work and to help them achieve a continuous Integration / Delivery process for system updates and new features.
- Contributing to the maintenance of our payment system's PCI-DSS compliance.
- Migrating client data from third-party systems to our own.
The successful candidate will:
- Have good academic qualifications.
- Be able to demonstrate a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and lateral thinking.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy working under pressure in a team and/or independently as required.
If you are a systems administrator and interested in moving in to a DevOps position, building from the ground up, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.