Our client- a Global leader in Film, Media and Entertainment is currently recruiting for an experienced Paralegal to join their Digital Media Anti-piracy team.
Candidates must possess excellent attention to detail, have fantastic organisational skills and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment whilst always remaining pro-active and calm. A knowledge and passion for the creative industry is a must, along with knowledge of IP and Entertainment Law.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the notice and takedown programme for EMEA
- Reviewing suspected pirated digital content on the internet
- Issuing, tracking and following up on takedown notices to hosts of pirate content
- Investigating and reporting the operation and hosting of pirate websites
- Maintaining familiarity with internet piracy issues, including legal cases and governmental activity.
- Liaising with internal clients who report suspected online digital infringements
- Tracking and researching relevant legal and commercial developments affecting piracy, copyright and intermediary liability
- Studying new analytical tools and techniques
- Preparing various internal reports re: anti-piracy cases and programmes
- Assisting with presentations
- In support of digital media anti-piracy litigation, preparing witness statements and overseeing evidence
- Bachelor degree or an equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- Knowledge of MS Office software in particular Excel
- Knowledge of internet technologies and networks
- 1+ years professional experience in a Paralegal role
- Knowledge of copyright law, litigation and internet piracy
- A knowledge of SAP is a strong advantage
This is a temporary role for a minimum of 3 months with potential to be extended and our client is looking for someone to join the team ASAP. Therefore, candidates must be available at no more than 2 weeks' notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.