Digital Product Manager - National Institution
Handle is currently working with an infamous National Institution. In a prime location in Central London, you will be working amongst some of the world's finest academics, students and ambassadors.
As the Digital Product Manager, you will manage a suite of Digital Products, including, but not exclusive to a complex enterprise website, mobile app, events page & a networking site.
As the Digital Product Manager / Owner you must come from an enterprise background. Industry experience with a similar National Institution would be highly desirable. There will be a huge focus on UX with a User Research element, so coming from this background is a must.
You must be able to show longevity during your role as a Product Manager / Owner with examples of how you have improved a product from a UX perspective.
This is a fantastic role where you will be working for the Head of Digital meaning you will be involved in strategic decisions along the way.
The permanent benefits include 39 days holiday, generous pension contribution, flexible working hours as well as remote working and Gym discount.
Digital Product Manager - National Institution Responsibilities:
- Your main responsibility will be to lead and deliver continuous improvements across a suite of Digital Products related to the National Institution
- Lead a small team of Designers & Developers within a Digital & Communications Team
- Understand the internal and external user needs and champion these in the improvement of your products
- Ensure all products maintain brand standards
Digital Product Manager - National Institution Must Haves:
- Digital Product Manager / Owner experience working with a complex enterprise website and/or mobile app
- Proven longevity within a role as a Digital Product Manager / Owner
- UX / User Research experience including requirement gathering activities from a large user community
- Leading / Managing a multi-skilled team
This is an immediate requirement, noticed periods are welcome. If you would like to discuss the details further then do get in touch with Kathryn.Thorpe(@)handle.co.uk ASAP for details.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.