Global Entertainment (Film & TV) business is working with Handle to recruit a highly experienced Financial Controller / Director to form part of their International senior leadership team.
Working closely with the US, this newly created position will play a key role in the set-up of the accounting function for the UK. The role will be fairly hands on with the formation of new processes and the design of new reporting for the business in the UK.
- Design and implement worldwide accounting policies
- Implement reporting procedures in line with compliance rules
- Work closely with the Finance team and assists with preparation of annual budgets and forecasts and variance analysis
- Provide technical accounting/policy guidance & research technical accounting matters
- Work closely with Senior management team to keep them abreast of evolving accounting guidance
- Perform continuous assessment of the period end process to ensure efficiency's are achieved
- Oversee and manage all aspects of general accounting
- Review and evaluate contracts, for present and new business to identify potential accounting issues
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting
- Coordination of annual audit and review activities with external auditors
- ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified with a background in the Entertainment industry
- Film production and distribution experience a plus
- Previous US GAAP experience is essential
- Immediate team player
This is a superb role that offers a genuine opportunity for an experienced Controller that's looking for more autonomy and the chance to make their mark in a high-growth international entertainment business.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.