Are you a driven media executive looking for an opportunity to take a leading role in a thriving and dynamic organisation? Do you love documentaries and international current affairs?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Europe's leading factual distributors.
The role will involve driving sales of our client's documentaries across all platforms worldwide. Occasionally it will also involve handling sales of the topical short reports to the news market. Across the board you will be working to maximise the revenue potential of a dynamic, rapidly growing brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
- negotiating deals and overseeing all stages of the resulting sales process
- maintaining existing client relationships worldwide whilst also seeking and developing new business opportunities
- undertaking any administrative tasks which are necessary to the smooth running of the sales department, including management of the company sales database
- driving and managing monthly sales targets
- liaising with the acquisitions team to ensure a smooth flow of information between departments as require
The role will also require occasional attendance at foreign markets or festivals throughout the year, such as MIPTV.
The ideal candidate
A strong interest in documentaries and current affairs is crucial to succeeding in this role. You will need to be able to put together well-considered pitches for films that often deal with complex subjects and be able to speak confidently about them to the world's top TV executives.
You will have very strong communication skills, be highly organised, thrive on negotiating deals and enjoy developing strong business relationships. You will be a self-starter, able to coordinate a complex agenda effectively without direction and relish the challenge of being part of a busy team.
Salary will be dependent on experience. Performance-related bonuses are given on a discretionary basis throughout the year.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.