This role is working for a leading intelligence business which provides essential knowledge to brands, manufacturers and retailers within the Digital Commerce space. The main aim within the business enables clients to develop and implement strategies to maximise revenue growth, optimise product listings, increase sales faster than the category and the competition, and drive margin growth.
The Editor-in-Chief will be a strong subject matter expert with good connections across the business of digital commerce, ideally in all regions but especially in the US market. The Editor in Chief is required to build clear annual content marketing plans in line with the objectives set by the marketing team. And then ensure the successful delivery of these plans.
This role requires three core elements; firstly, a strong understanding and enthusiasm for what drives success for brands and retailers in digital commerce.
Secondly, the ability to select and amplify the content that will most successfully engage all customers, and construct robust and effective plans to deliver this. Thirdly, the skills to deliver high quality thought leadership content in line with this, that will make customers sit up and take note of the unique proposition, and differentiate from competitors.
- Overall responsibility for orchestrating and delivering written, audio and video content marketing.
- Refine and develop a clear tone of voice and editorial position for all content
- Build annual plans for all aspects of this content marketing and ensure their timely delivery.
- Work closely with the marketing team to target specific customer segments.
- Deliver content in all forms as is most effective; primarily written but also slide decks, webinars, videos and podcasts.
- Create a creative culture that is able to generate fresh and compelling ideas that drive audience and delegate engagement.
- Build strong relationships across the wider business to harvest, repackage and piggyback relevant existing content for content marketing purposes.
- Over time, build strong connections with the leading players in ecommerce to further drive content marketing - eg in interview format, content-sharing, partnerships.
- Manage the Writer / Copywriter / Analyst as required to deliver these goals.
Skills / Experience
- Extensive experience within a similar role
- Proven editorial skills - written (essential), presenting (essential), video, podcasts
- Confident with data and analytics
- Strong subject matter knowledge, ideally from a global perspective
- Significant experience of planning and delivering demanding levels of high quality content
- Able to develop winning creative ideas
- Experience of working globally or across at least two major regions
- A strong network of industry contacts and the know-how to gain access to more
- The capability to "speak the language" of ecommerce
- The commercial savvy to find ways to meet our commercial goals without compromising editorial quality
- Problem solver and a self-starter - must be able to think on your feet and react calmly under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail - we strive to ensure that everything we deliver is at a premium level
- Defining retail strategies with market intelligence and forecasting
- Demystifying digital shelf execution to drive margin and sales growth online
- Enhancing online performance measurement with sales and market share
- Optimising ecommerce performance on Amazon for brands
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.