Handle Recruitment are looking for a highly experienced Editor to join a global B2B events company working on one of their flagship events who's main aim is to connect the world of business and advanced therapies to create premium quality content.
You will be responsible for the strategic development of the business by working in collaboration with the events team and Portfolio Director to ensure brand values are consistent.
The role will cover three core aspects; working with the sales team to be the face and implementer of their marketing consultancy and editorial services, creating and managing the editorial strategy and working closely with the marketing team with the creation of the content.
The perfect candidate will have a strong scientific background with in-depth knowledge of advanced therapies to be able to cover technical topics.
To be successful in this role you will be creative and self-motivated with great attention to detail to create compelling editorial content. If this sounds like you, please apply today and get in touch to find out more.
- Working with the sales team to develop ideas and deliverables that meet clients needs and business values
- Managing client relationships and projects within budget and timelines in order to spot new business opportunities
- Develop annual inventory and pricing to assist the sales team to achieve financial targets
- Establish and manage content projects for business and ensuring agreed budgets are met within deadlines
- Write and build the events fortnightly newsletter as well as original content which is highly relevant and topical to their target audience
- Attend and report on key industry events
- Regularly maintain and update their website by ensuring SEO Best Practise is adhered to
- To conceptualise and produce content which has involved background research, conducting surveys, engaging authors, editing written work, video and infographics, presenting and facilitating at events
- Develop and manage a functional and engaged editorial board
- To undertake quarterly SEO audits and implement improvements when required
- Produce weekly team updates to communicate upcoming content allowing better engagement of clients and prospects
- Assist the marketing team in the creation of the content marketing strategies for event marketing campaigns, building an audience and to create loyal customers
- To empower and support the team to write and publish throughout the year
- Strongly communicate with your team by adopting an appropriate brand voice
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour:
- Highly competent in copywriting to create compelling editorial pieces
- Strong communication skills who can present ideas clearly with purpose
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Able to react and respond positively to feedback from stakeholders
- Demonstrated consistent editorial judgement and possess strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- You are commercially aware of the digital media landscape, key trends, challenges and financial impacts
- Can work independently and can collaboratively work in a team
Please note you will need to have a strong scientific background and strong in-depth knowledge of advanced therapies to be considered for this role.
This is a permanent position based in South West London with a competitive salary depending on experience.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.