Handle Recruitment are excited to be partnering with an event and experience marketing agency to recruit a passionate and proactive Events & Accommodation Specialist to join their central London based team.
The Events & Accommodation Specialist position is a dual role focussed on managing accommodation for the client's biggest flagship event in EMEA and leading the contact centre team to ensure global processes and standards are implemented and respected. This position requires excellent communication, organisation, leadership and problem-solving skills as the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all project elements function effectively as well as offering accommodation advice to both internal & external stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will be split between accommodation and contact centre management:
Accommodation management responsibilities:
- Proactively manages room block(s) per hotel contract(s) to avoid and mitigate liability of financial penalties:
- Sets up rooming blocks (incl. sub blocks) and parameters within the appropriate system(s)
- Re-negotiates attrition and no-show penalties throughout event cycle
- Submits accommodation/rooming reports to hotel contacts based on milestones outlined in timeline
- Reconciles post-event accommodation/rooming report(s); final pick-up at hotel(s), audit results and commission due. May be required to manage billing plan and review of hotel master accounts for payment
- Defines and manages all accommodation/rooming reporting as needed/required by client
- Generates all accommodation/rooming reports (i.e. New, Change, Cancel, Pick-up, Exposure)
- Develops and fosters strong relationships with client, hotel contacts, other vendors and colleagues in multiple locations and time zones
- Supports delegate enquiries via telephone and email as part of the wider department
- Plans and manages on-site accommodation/rooming process
- Providing consultant type role as a "Subject Matter Expert" for others in the Company
Contact Centre management responsibilities
- Reviews and tests systems to ensure hotel information on all event registration websites and registration administration tools meet the accommodation/rooming requirements for effective management of the room blocks
- Delegates responsibilities and tasks to assigned team members and provides ongoing mentoring
- Completes communications for updating team members and provides training, which includes sharing and enforcing any changes in event policy, information or scope
- Manages data integrity process (data quality, duplicate records, reporting accuracy)
- To ensure that all client's needs are met while maintaining the professional standards that the company has set
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an event/ project management based position with ideally some exposure to contracts and inventory management. A good technical understanding of hotel systems and managing hotel room types and bookings is highly desirable but not essential. You will possess strong leadership skills, be a strong team player and have a flexible working approach with the availability to attend onsite events both in the UK and internationally.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.