Exhibition Sales Director
£60k base plus commission
A new position has arisen to take on the responsibility of the Sales Director for one of the largest events in the UK. The premier event in this companies portfolio and the World's largest in its given market sector. The company still has ambitious plans to grow and develop the event and are seeking a talented sales director who can spearhead this growth.
Reporting to the Event Director the role will encompass two main functions. Managing the existing team of account managers and sales execs to ensure the event hits and exceeds target. The second would be take an active role in selling themselves across a number of existing accounts and new business.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the sales team to achieve targeted annual revenues on the event
- Personal Selling across stands and sponsorship
- Set targets, bonuses and KPIs across the yearly show cycle
- Identify areas of growth and/or missing revenues from current business
- Responsible for ensuring accurate revenue forecasts for the business
- Maintain and report on sales pipelines and weekly performance via weekly sales reports through subordinates
- Managing of overseas agents
- Creation of sales plan and sales strategy
- Accompanying competitor events to secure new business
- Coach and mentor the sales team on a regular basis
- Working with the ED, contribute to the forecasting, QF and Budget processes with accurate reports of sales prospects and identified business.
- At least 5 years' experience within the event industry
- Track record of management across various levels
- Experience in P&L, reporting and budget on LSE
- Proven collaborative skills with both internal stakeholders and external partners
- Ability to work autonomously as well as a strong team player.
- Self motivated, tenacious, and driven
- A natural leader
- Previous experience of working with International agents would be beneficial
- Ability to travel frequently to client appointments and competitive shows both in the UK and abroad.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.