Handle is seeking an experienced Senior Events Manager/Director with a strong sales background to join one of the top Craft shows in the UK.
Leading the Sales team you will be the forefront of the shows overall business strategy, focusing on Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance, ultimately ensuring that this show truly reaches its full potential.
Your day to day work will look something along the lines of:
- Being an expert in your industry, continuing to develop an in depth knowledge of the industry both in the UK and internationally through research of trends and competitors.
- Identifying and targeting potential new business opportunities, creating a sales plan including proposing new ideas to enhance the client experience and allocating existing clients between the team to provide ongoing customer service, resulting in repeat business.
- General performance management of the sales team; recruiting, mentoring, providing ongoing feedback, arranging regular 1-2-1s and managing workload.
- Taking responsibility for budgets, collaborating with the Portfolio Director to prepare the financial pack for the show and ensuring this is tracked and monitored throughout the year.
- Liaising closely with the Marketing Manager to sign off the marketing strategy and monitor the PR campaign to ensure it is cost effective.
- Building relationships with the industry stakeholders including the key companies of influence, media owners and associations. Wherever possible explore potential marketing opportunities, event partnerships, new revenue streams and cost savings from these relationships.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A minimum of three years Business Development/B2B Sales experience, preferably within Events, Exhibitions or Media
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A personable and approachable personality
- Competency using Microsoft Office
If you have similar experience and are looking to elevate your career to the next level this could be the right opportunity for you, please apply online or get in touch!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.