Handle Recruitment is seeking an Events Operations Project Manager to join a leading B2B media, entertainment and technology organisation.
In this role with a newly formed team you will implement efficient systems and processes to ensure that event operations are proactively planned, managed and delivered.
As the Events Operations Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing all event operations projects, embedding the knowledge of project management in the team and ensuring that operations systems and processes effectively and efficiently record all aspects of each project.
- Working closely with the Exhibition Customer Care Manager to ensure a consistent way of working and agreed ongoing role boundaries across event and exhibition operations.
- Ensuring the efficient specification procurement and delivery of existing products and services required by the organisation to ensure a successful event, whilst ensuring good value for money, and best practice. Making sure that all existing contracts and supplier agreements are recorded in a central location with consistent information.
- Creating and implementing a process for identifying appropriate areas suitable for outsourcing areas of operations to external suppliers. Ensuring that there is a clear procurement and management plan that can be replicated.
- Managing the operational budget providing regular updates to the Head of Projects and Operations.
- Working with the venue account managers and operational teams to efficiently manage all venue operations. Ensuring that relationships are built across both teams.
- Managing the Project Operations Team including any contractors on a day to day basis, to ensure they deliver an excellent level of service, delivering specific outcomes within budget.
- Taking senior responsibility for event risk assessment and health and safety.
- Suggesting innovative and creative ways of improving the event and increasing and sustaining its long-term success.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive event operations and project management experience, ideally within B2B exhibitions
- Ability to prepare a budget for specific projects and manage through the project delivery
- Proven planning and project implantation skills
- An up to date health and safety qualification (IOSH)
- Excellent communications skills with a focus on transparency and information sharing
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.