I am actively seeking an experienced Event Manager/Event Director for a leading B2C travel/cruise exhibition.
This position is open to both level of applicant.
My client are a leading consumer focused events company, they are an ambitious fast growing company, owning and running 25+ ongoing events. These events run across the UK and Ireland and attract over 400,000 visitors annually.
They are now expanding the team and looking for a strong and experienced Event Manager/Event Director to successfully manage the day to day running of the show, ensuring it meets its required revenue.
The responsibilities of the Event Manager/Event Director includes but is not limited to:
- Create and manage the budget for the event
- Account management of key sales and sponsorship clients
- High level of face to face sales
- Create sales and marketing plans
- Reactively and proactively identifying potential opportunities
- Develop the show through new content, organic growth and brand extension
- Managing and developing the internal sales and marketing teams
- Chair weekly team meetings
- Produce weekly sales pipeline
- Prepare and track project time lines and budgets to achieve objectives
- Ensure suppliers are given a full brief
- Ensure all appropriate H&S documentation, risk assessments are completed professional and maintained as appropriate
- Sign off marketing plan with Marketing Manager
- Agree attendee targets with Marketing Manager
- Monitor the PR campaign
- Attend competitor shows
Depending on the level of applicant the duties and responsibilities will vary slightly
The ideal candidate:
- At least three years in similar position
- Knowledge of the travel/cruise industry (desirable not essential)
- Experience working on B2C events
- Management and mentoring skills
- Inspire and motivate a team
- Effective communicator at all levels
Salary and benefits:
£38K-£45K (applicant dependant) + 25% annual bonus
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.