Events & Customer Service Manager - Sport / Events Services
Handle Recruitment is working with the official provider of match day hospitality and conference and banqueting facilities within a world renowned sports venue to find an Events & Customer Service Manager to ensure the smooth planning and delivery of a first class catering product and service for Conference, Events and Banqueting as required.
Reporting to the C & E Ops Manager, key features will include:
- Acknowledging and acting upon individual customer needs (i.e. suppliers, managers, clients and colleagues) in line with the nature of the business, whilst delivering the standards laid down by the Ops Managers.
- Ensuring that every appropriate opportunity is taken to "up sell" to customers subject to the profile of the event/show.
- Interacting effectively across client and operational functions to manage the team to superior operational and business performance.
- Recruitment, induction, training and development, appraisals, and disciplinary and grievance handling for casual and variable team members.
- Ensuring cost effective and appropriately skilled staffing levels are implemented throughout the Operational delivery to provide excellent customer service within the agreed standard and financial targets.
- Managing and delivering staff planners, along with your Line Manager, to effectively set up and clear down areas of responsibility in line with business needs and in line with set targets.
- Preparing all cash and credit stock sheets, in accordance with the guidelines. Issue stocks according to stock sheets, recording accurately any shortfalls.
- Investigating revenue shortfalls and cost variances relating to the financial results for individual events and monthly results and implementing necessary corrective action plan.
- Costing each individually allocated event and running a mini profit and loss statement to ensure they deliver agreed profitability targets as set by FD and C&E Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous Conference and Events Management experience.
- GNVQ in Hotel, Event and Catering Management or equivalent.
- Management experience within a Conference and Banqueting, Hospitality or Event environment.
- Clear communication skills, strong organisation skills, Computer literate.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Confident and enthusiastic.
- Standards and quality driven hands on management style.
- Strong operational qualities.
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- A "can-do" attitude
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Creative in thinking and approach
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.