An Events Coordinator position has recently become available at an organisation within the travel and tourism industry. They are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join their busy team on a permanent basis.
As an Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting Marketing Director with event invitation processes and the set-up of event registration systems, event web-sites and event marketing and data collection communications
- Managing all aspects of event registration
- Point of contact for delegate enquiries
- Maintaining and updating Event database/s
- Producing regular registration reports
- Providing sponsorship administration support to international sponsors.
- Communicating regularly with international sponsors to ensure that sponsorship packages are delivered
- Liaising with event host to manage 'sponsor exhibition area'
- Liaising with event host to manage the allocation of delegate accommodation and complimentary flights
- Assisting or leading event projects as required
- Assisting Events Director with event budgets as required
- Providing event production, operations and logistics support to Events Director as required
- Providing event administration support to Events Director for event tendering processes and liaison with potential event host.
- Attending site visits to event locations
- Attending selected events, to manage and provide support all tasks outlined in event marketing, administration and management on-site
To be successful, you will ideally have the following skills/knowledge:
- High level of IT literacy to provide basic support functions
- Experience within the Travel Industry advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of dealing sensitively and professionally with senior level contacts
- Experience of managing projects and budgets
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage
- High level of organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Please get in touch or apply now to discuss further!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.