Handle are working with an innovative and exciting B2B events company to recruit a temporary PPC Manager to join their busy team.
The main purpose of this role is to support and add to the existing PPC manager's role of activating and managing the Paid online advertising activity for our brands, including Paid Search (AdWords/Bing), Display, Video and Paid Social (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn); in order to drive brand awareness, relevant website traffic and acquire new customers/visitors.
Key responsibilities will include:
Strategy and planning
- Produce strategies for select exhibition campaigns, covering new prospect acquisition, awareness, engagement, conversion and amplification.
- Work with Brand Managers and broader digital team to agree Biddable marketing goals and targets, plus identify the key target audiences, journeys and opportunities.
- Create detailed campaign plans per brand, covering timelines, run dates, channels, spend, targeting, goals, ad formats and creative.
Activation, Management and Optimisation
- Set up optimal Paid Biddable campaigns, with segmented campaigns and groups with clear structural thinking.
- Build targeting groups from scratch if necessary, including (but not limited to) keywords, interests, behaviours, demographics, time of day/week, remarketing and custom audiences.
- Manage budgets within strict limits, ensuring actual spend is communicated to Brand Managers regularly.
- Optimise campaigns every week in order to achieve CPA/KPI targets; check and adjust spend, bids, CTR, CPCs, share of voice, frequency and other variables where required.
- Ensure tagging is consistent and correctly firing across the user journey, including advertising platform systems (e.g. Google conversion tracking/Facebook Pixel) and analytics platforms are correctly functioning (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Set up remarketing lists and custom audiences as required.
- Ensure testing and innovation are a part of each campaign, including multivariate testing and new channels/platforms where appropriate.
- Work with Creative Producers to ensure relevant and effective assets are produced for marketing campaigns, including (but not limited to) Paid Search copy, Paid Social sponsored posts, video adverts and display banners.
- Work with the Web Managers to improve PPC/Web metrics.
- Work with the Social Media Executives to produce social media adverts and optimise organic/paid performance.
- Manage online advertising activity with digital agencies where required.
- Report weekly to marketing teams with a breakdown per channel of spend, key metrics and performance (e.g. CPA).
- Provide analysis and actionable insight into performance, suggesting solutions to adjust and improve, whether at the campaign/ad group/keyword level, the channel/platform level, or for other parts of the marketing mix (e.g. website).
- Produce post-campaign reports with in-depth analysis, with learnings & recommendations for future improvement.
- Work with Campaign Analytics Manager to ensure analytics reports are aligned with advertising objectives & outputs.
The successful candidate will ideally have at least 3 years' experience of setting up and managing Paid Search campaigns, across AdWords and Bing. We are looking for someone with experience of setting up and managing Display and Video campaigns within AdWords/YouTube as well as a strong understanding of analytics platforms required, particularly Google Analytics. You will be analytically minded, data-driven and with a structured approach.
This is a temporary position starting ASAP until January 3rd 2018 with possibility of extension for a high performing candidate.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.