Handle are working with an award-winning global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs to gaming and educational software to recruit a motivated and ambitious Sales Coordinator to join their busy team. The role will be working directly with the VP of content sales to maximize revenues from the distribution of their factual library and their TV, movie and drama series catalogue. This role will support in the planning, directing and execution of programme sales strategies for with a focus on specific territories.
- Assisting VP in achieving the annual sales budget in UK and Benelux and managing EMEA Formats team.
- Work closely with the Senior Rights Analyst to provide accurate programme availability reports from the Rights Management System.
- Carry out rights checks, cross checking and researching sales histories and tracking sales interest against internal affiliate channel deals.
- Manage client access to the online sales site.
- Support with client follow-ups. Providing clients with synopsis, broadcast and avail dates and screeners in order for them to make buying decisions.
- Draft deal memos under the supervision of the VP and the local and NY legal department.
- Day-to-day management of output/volume deals across where in place - titles, price allocated, entered into internal accounting documents and material sent.
- Travel to local and overseas sales markets and sales trips if requested.
- Provide support on special content sales projects of any kind.
- Screening, script reading and evaluation of new programming on an ongoing basis.
- Shadow VP with the negotiation and closing of deals with Television broadcasters.
- Follow up with clients on requests and co-ordinate solutions to contract/distribution issues where required.
- Create and maintain a strong working relationship with clients and other related parties.
- Responsibility for VP's day to day administrative support including diary management, for business trips and trade shows, processing travel and entertainment expenses and research and booking of sales-related entertainment.
- Develop strong relationships with key colleagues and administrators within the team, as well as others related to the company's interests and operations on an international basis, including Channels, Programming, Finance, Legal, Marketing, etc.
- Create marketing presentations for internal management or external sales purposes, responsibility for territory availability reports. Must have a firm grasp of excel and an eye for detail.
- Manage client marketing mail shots, blast e-mails and contacts database for marketing shows and disseminating company announcements.
- Coordinate with the wider EMEA content sales team under the VP supervision.
- Interpret research effectively and provide creative and marketing input, as required, in order to establish the best possible sales strategies.
- Strategic studies on broadcasters, territories identifying strategic sales opportunities.
The perfect candidate will demonstrate a passion for the TV and film industries as well as an ambition to work within a rapidly changing, international sales environment. You will possess demonstrable TV administrative experience or general sales and business development experience. You will be a natural communicator with the ability to manage relationship with high value and VIP clients as well as with key stakeholders within the business.
This role is a temporary role initially however there's high potential for it to move into a permanent position for the right person. We are looking for candidates who are available immediately and who are looking for an opportunity to really grow their career within a forward thinking and exciting business.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.