Exhibition Sales Manager - Technology
£35-40k basic + commission + car allowance
Our Client is world renowned name within the exhibition sector and boasts many market leading sectors. They are now seeking an experienced exhibition sales person to step into a sales manager role on a well-established and successful large scale exhibition. As well as selling on the flagship your remit will also cover selling on some of the smaller satellite shows. The role will involve man management plus managing overseas agents.
Reporting to the Sales Director the role is to ensure that revenue targets for exhibition stand and sponsorship sales are achieved and exceeded where possible, through both personal sales and team sales efforts. The Sales Manager will also be expected to identify and close cross-selling opportunities for the event digital platforms. These include sponsored white papers, digital advertising campaigns, sponsored industry surveys etc.
The role will also offer extensive travel overseas.
- Personally selling to existing and prospect exhibitors to hit and exceed sales targets
- Lead, motivate and provide oversight, day-to-day management, and guidance to the international sales agents
- Lead and inspire direct reports to improved performance
- Client Account Management for your own territory
- Working on site during and running up the shows
- Recommend and implement agreed sales strategy.
- Deliver agreed revenue targets by value and volume.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of key statistics and forecasts.
- Liaising effectively with marketing, operations and production teams to ensure the event reaches full potential.
- Support Event Manager in determining and executing business development strategy.
- Communicate effectively with internal departments such as marketing, operations, finance.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2/3 years' experience selling in the conference/exhibition sector
- Major Accounts Sales and Sales Management experience.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Management experience would be desirable although not essential
- Independent, self-motivated, resilient, determined, assertive, good objection handler, capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritising.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator, authoritative and credible diplomat/ambassador.
- Commercially astute, capable of adding value to unit, portfolio, and company.
- Ability to seize new business opportunities
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.