Exhibition Sales Executive
£30k base plus uncapped commission
My client is a leading international conference and exhibition organiser and is now looking for a new business focused BDM to take ownership of three new sectors within one of their flagship exhibitions. The role will be 100% new business in year one but you will take tenure of the accounts you bring on. The role will require pitching on a global scale with event held in Europe this year (rotates continent each year), a large number of prospects and leads are ready to go.
The role offers great potential for career progression as the right candidate can grow this sector and the project is primary focus for the company so a great way to establish a name for an ambitious individual within a large international events company.
During quitter periods there will also be the chance to sell on some of the smaller satellite shows.
- Successfully achieve specified targets and performance objectives.
- Build new revenue streams from new clients.
- Client Account Management for your own territory.
- Deliver agreed revenue targets by value and volume.
- Maintain strong sales pipeline through effective relationship building, call management and lead generation
- Effective management of account planning.
- Support Event Manager in determining and executing business development strategy.
- Coach and develop the more junior members of the team
- Communicate effectively with internal departments such as marketing, operations, finance.
Experience & Skill Set
- Minimum 2/3 years in an Exhibition or Sponsorship focused role
- Experience within Technology, Security or Telecoms markets would be advantageous
- Major New Business experience.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an excellent communicator
- Commercially astute
- Ability to seize new business opportunities
- Confident verbal and face-to-face communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.