An immediate opportunity for an experienced Facilities Supervisor, to join a large publishing house- based in West London.
This is a temporary position with immediate start-the duration will be for approximately 1-2 months, part time 3//4 days each week.
There is also an opportunity to apply for this position, covering maternity leave for 9-12 months (full time hours).
The role will involve working closely with building management and the office services departments and adhering to time-sensitive deadlines for two sites.
The Facilities Supervisor will work regularly with internal customers and external vendors in helping to facilitate the flow of administrative work for the Facilities Manager. The Facilities Supervisor will work regularly with other third party service providers and internal departments as well as colleagues in other UK offices.
The main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations and management of all Facilities services programs relating to the building to ensure these are carried out in a manner consistent with company policies & directives
- Identify issues and act to resolve where able, otherwise escalate for resolution
- Proactively liaise with employees and respond to any issues in a professional and timely manner
- Manage all contractors and assist in monitoring contract performance to ensure it is delivered in line with SLA's and KPI's
- Be the main contact for the deliveries and collections process of all product for testing
- Be the main point of contact on site for all security arrangements including general security during business hours, alarm system, out of hours emergency contact etc.
- Supervise delivery, collection, rotation, and inventory of the storage stock
- To monitor stationary cupboard stock level and process orders when required to include warehouse necessary packing materials - liaising with an onsite engineer
- Providing support and liaising closely with the testing team - making sure facilities are ready for planned testing
- Booking couriers
- Arranging annual stock audit
- Management of studio (video production room) - in terms of booking process, compliance with building process and appropriate agreed facilities fully available
- Health and safety aspects: Fire drills, CW, FA
- Supporting project team with staff sale
- Be visible to all internal departments and develop relationships with key individuals supporting improved service delivery while providing a high-quality customer service;
- Assist with incident, crisis and emergency situations for a smooth process;
- Manage any accidents reported, ensure the accident report is completed on the same day and the investigation & actions within 48hrs. All accidents to be reported to the FM manager.
- Assist with system failures as a priority and place call outs where needed;
- Manage the FM email inbox
- Proactively inspects the facilities, systems, rooms, common areas
- Assist with the reception desk during peak times
- Handle enquiries and maintain vendor relations as a department point of contact;
- Assist with weekly new starter building tours as well as ad-hoc requests;
- Assist with furniture requests for common areas as well as office spaces;
- Assist with H&S requirements
- Take ownership of the yearly Health and Safety audits and Fire Risk assessment, by arranging the audits, drive it, and complete all outstanding actions within the relevant timeline;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-educating, curious and pragmatic, solution-oriented mind-set.
- Capable of working under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Team player, supportive of others, proactive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate work and maintain confidential information.
- Self-motivation with an ability to work independently.
- Excellent IT skills (proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent Customer Service skills;
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience within a similar professional services or office environment with experience in a facilities or administrative function.
- Qualification in IOSH or similar is required and will be provided if needed.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.