A digital multimedia publisher dedicated to developing content for women,
by women from Africa and the African diaspora are looking for an experienced Fashion and Beauty editor to join them 3 days a week.
Topics ranging from fashion, beauty, entertainment, arts and culture, politics, business and innovation, social issues, women's rights, and empowerment.
With few platforms solely dedicated to capturing authentic stories from the continent, they aim to fill the gap by adopting a digital-first, multidisciplinary and cross-cultural approach to content creation, storytelling, and editorial production, offering the audience with purposeful and insightful stories that represent various African and Afro-diasporic
They are looking for a Part-time Fashion and Beauty Editor to join the team three days per week to lead the Fashion and Beauty content pillar and regularly publish news stories and features on a consistent basis. The Fashion and Beauty Editor will be
ideating/contributing stories, commissioning writers, and editing. The Fashion and Beauty
Editor will also be expected to implement effective affiliate marketing strategies and have an
in-depth knowledge/understanding of shoppable/consumer content.
An ideal candidate must have the following:
● At least five years experience working in editorial preferably within the fashion and
● Genuine passion and interest in fashion, style, trends, brands, beauty products, make
up and jewellery from African and Afro-diasporic communities.
● An extensive notebook of fashion and beauty contacts (including writers, journalists,
PR's and publicists, photographers, designers, stylists, make up artists, etc.,) across
Africa and the African diaspora.
● Experience in affiliate marketing, branded content, consumer news and shoppable
content is strongly desired.
● Sharp editorial skills in writing and editing and an acute eye for detail.
● Highly process oriented and very well-organized with a strong ability to work under
pressure and meet tight deadlines.
● A natural leader.
● First-class communication skills with a natural ability to work collaboratively within
the team and with external contacts.
● A flexible and positive attitude especially when facing changing priorities and
● Commissioning experience is desired.
● Strong multimedia journalism skills across video, audio, experiential and social.
● Comfortability working in a fast-paced startup environment
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.