One of myTop Clients, a leading media brand is looking for a finance analyst.
Reporting to the finance manager you will be responsible for; providing financial information and commercial and planning support to finance team and business managers to enable the business to make effective commercial decisions.
Finance Analyst Accountabilities:
- Provide accurate analysis and interpretation of monthly results and commentary against budget and latest forecasts to review how the business is performing.
- Communicate, report, and advise relevant data and trends to the team and wider business as necessary to aid the development of a strong financial control and reporting environment and to promote financial understanding throughout the organisation.
- Monitor and update KPI reporting and post investment reviews to measure delivery of returns against approved funding or business plans.
- Prepare modelling of five year plans and new business initiatives to support delivery of regional strategy.
- Provide support to the business through analysing new opportunities for existing businesses and modelling new strategic opportunities to develop business models and demonstrate their financial viability.
- Support the completion of the annual and quarterly planning process.
- Support sales teams where appropriate in negotiating new deals through revenue modelling.
- Support the finance manager by providing value added analysis and recommendations, in order to meet departmental and company objectives and support business decision making
- Assist with preparation and review of statutory accounts, tax and VAT returns for subsidiary business is required to meet company and statutory requirements.
- Develop strong working relationships with cost centre owners to build a robust understanding of relevant cost centres, operations and give cost centre managers an understanding of performance and variance against expectations.
To apply for this role you will be:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Have Experience of preparing and reviewing financial analysis to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting within the media, entertainment or publishing industry desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including pivot tables). SAP and BW experience preferable.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.