The Finance Analyst will be responsible for preparing financial and non-financial information and analysis across territories, for use by key stakeholders including the commercial finance team and group finance team. The role also Business Partners with the Marketing teams. The role leads reporting and forecasting processes for Content sales (including related costs and analyses gross margins) and Direct Marketing.
- Prepares deal profitability models to support Content Sales deal approval process.
- Work closely with sales teams in preparing and managing sales trackers and responding to any queries and ad-hoc requests from the sales teams in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform regular review of sales tallies to understand movements in Content Sales forecasts.
- Raise Compact invoices, posts product allocation and produces reconciliation for Talent Accounting and catch-up rights allocation on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for the production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Supports senior members of the team in the design and implementation of KPIs and other value-add management reporting e.g. dashboards for Content Sales and Direct Marketing.
- Ensuring accuracy of month end reports and reconciliation of sales systems to SAP. Including production and distribution of the Content Sales Report to the business on a monthly basis and checking of sales contracts to live sales (half year and year end).
- Assist in the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for Content Sales, including setting up templates, consolidation of returns and inputting data.
- Booking of related direct costs on a monthly basis and analysing Content Fee charged by Global Content and Contributor Costs.
- Producing monthly Content Sales revenue analysis and working closely with the sales teams to explain material variance.
- Tracking Marketing spend and ensuring all stakeholders have visibility on spend to date and spend to go in the fiscal year.
The Ideal Candidate
- Finalist or Qualified accountant (CIMA,ACCA,ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of management accounting and/or financial accounting (both preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills within a commercial environment
- Media sector experience is desirable
- Experience in a global role, with experience of regional / multi-site finance management, is desirable
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.