Finance and Operations Assistant required for an innovative publishing company based in Central London. This Finance Assistant role reports directly into the Finance Director within a very successful, high growth business.
This Finance and Operations Assistant will have exposure to all round transactional finance, whilst delving into month end and reconciliations. This company offers a great working environment and a clear progression pathway for a candidate looking to excel their finance career.
- Degree educated is preferable
- Previous experience within a finance function (6 months minimum)
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate with the ability to navigate MS Excel
- Experience using Xero would be a huge bonus
- Discreet office manners, with the ability to keep handle sensitive data
- Hands on approach
- Accounts payable invoicing - match, batch and coding
- Set up new suppliers and payment terms onto the system
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Accounts payable administration
- Accounts Receivable - raising invoices and credit notes via Xero
- Chasing overdue invoices and be able to detect and report any errors
- Assisting the Financial Controller with month end and management accounting
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Credit card reconciliations
- Uploading bank statements
- Act as a key point of contact for any queries via telephone and email
- Assist HR and recruitment process with office administration tasks
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.