Handle Recruitment are looking for a Finance Assistant based in London and have experience with Xero. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a Career in Finance!
Working in a busy finance team the Finance Assistant will be responsible for a broad range of transactional responsibilities, including accounts payable and accounts receivable:
- Daily invoice scanning, entry and processing
- Assisting with AR and Credit Control
- Matching, batching and coding invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements and accounts
- Responsible for monthly payroll cross-charges.
- Maintaining new and existing supplier/staff accounts on Oracle
- Following up on supplier invoice/staff expense queries accordingly
- Providing support with weekly payment runs
- Preparing manual payments
- Liaising with Treasury to resolve payment queries
- Reviewing staff expenses in line with company policy
- Liaising with marketing and PR department to reconcile VIP report on a monthly basis.
- Working closely with the Accounts Payable team to identify any mis-postings and ensure the correct classification is used.
- Operating banking responsibilities
- Any other ad hoc tasks
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a busy financial environment
- Part-qualified AAT (or similar)
- Must have experience with accounting software Xero
- Good working knowledge of debits and credits
- Computer Literacy - Excel, Outlook
- Forward thinking with outstanding communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with business partners
- Attention to detail, Strong administration & time management skills
- Team Player
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.