A leading International Media company are looking for a Finance Assistant to due their fast paced, dynamic finance team. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for international billing and distribution invoicing. This involves invoicing overseas clients in a number of different currencies. The Finance Assistant will also be responsible for billing operators for 3rd party subscribers and overseeing the invoice that go out automatically.
- Dealing with invoice and billing queries from all over the world. There is a high volume of invoicing, about 300 invoices are sent out per month.
- Responsible for distribution invoicing of overseas customers in multiple currencies based on fixed contract values and processing sales orders with subscriber numbers received and chasing subscriber reports.
- Ensure all customers receive their invoices and credit notes on time
- Be the primary point of contact for the Sales team, Credit Control, Legal and external customers for billing queries
- Setting annual targets and reporting against targets on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly commission reports for Sales agents
- Preparation of the monthly debtors page in monthly management accounts
- Raise monthly purchase order and post allocation journals
- Collating monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the Finance team
- Attend distribution "Debtor" meetings with Finance Manager working with Credit Control to ensure prompt payment and resolution of any queries
- Assisting with the external audit, preparing any documentation needed by auditors and assisting with ad hoc queries
- Prepare reports for Sales teams where necessary
- Provide ad hoc support to Finance Manager / business as required.
- May also be involved in running some of the month end and commission reports but will not be involved in any management accounting, this is purely billing.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- An interest in Media is preferred
- Attention to detail in particular ensuring accuracy of billing
- Excellent organisational skills and a capacity to prioritise well
- Resourceful and works well in a busy environment both as part of a team and individually with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff at all levels
- Understanding of accounting terms & procedures, most likely gained through experience within a finance function. Studying towards an external Finance qualification is optional.
- A positive attitude and an enthusiastic approach;
- Strong Excel spread-sheeting skills and attention to detail.
- Experience of working with SAP and SalesForce desirable but not essential.
This a 3 month position, based in West London while the permanent recruitment is ongoing, with potential to extend.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.