Handle are excited to recruit a Finance Assistant for a growing media business based in Central London. This role reports directly to the finance Manager, with lots of opportunities to grow within the business and thrive in a fast paced and expanding environment.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable: Processing payments and updating internal tracking schedules
- Credit control: Raising sales invoices and assisting in monitoring and chasing debtors and producing daily/weekly debtors reports
- Banking cheques
- Dealing with post e.g. bank statements, HMRC correspondence
- Preparing VAT registrations for new companies
- Liaising with the bank on new accounts opening, amendment forms, etc
- Opening FX accounts for new companies
- Liaising with FX broker on foreign currency payments
- Assisting with accounts maintenance
- Assist in producing daily cash reports
- Assist in producing ad hoc finance reports as requested
- Assist in dealing with queries from HMRC, creditors, bank, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation annual and semi-annual investment statements for investors
This role would suit someone who has bookkeeping and/or finance assistant experience, looking to broaden their finance experience in a media environment. The ideal candidate needs to be a fast learner, comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment and be a team player. Working knowledge of Xero or other accounting software is preferred.
This role offers competitive benefits, apply today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.