Senior Accounts Assistant - Leading Retail - Northampton
Senior Accounts Assistant required for my client, a leading retail business based in the Northampton offices. This Cashier will be responsible for day to day finance duties including reconciliations, purchase and sales ledger and working closely senior management on all finance operations for the business.
This is a great opportunity to join the company at an exciting time of growth and expansion within the Finance team, offering a vibrant fast paced working environment along with great company perks.
The ideal candidate for this role with have at least 2 years experience working as part of a finance function, ideally AAT qualified or working towards the qualification, who is looking to take the next step professionally.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for UK entities
- Posting of cash transactions to the ledgers
- Accountable for Petty cash posting and reconciliation
- Analysing movements in the revaluations performed and providing narrative to the Financial Accountant
- Retail store liaison for cheques outstanding
- Assistance with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of robust month end processes and internal controls to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Maintain the EMEA ledgers in accordance with group and statutory accounting requirements
- Coordination of month end tasks with the current Cashier
- Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations file to a high standard in line with internal deadlines including coordination of any issues which need resolving with the wider business.
- Assistance with the interim and year end audit process with preparation of information for external auditors
- Identify and flag any issues promptly to the Financial Accountant-EMEA including any risks or opportunities identified for the company
- Provide assistance to the wider finance team and assist in any other ad hoc projects as required.
- At least 2 years working within a Finance function or similar Cashiering role
- AAT qualified would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of purchase and sales ledger
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics is desirable
- It proficient with experience using Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with the ability work in a busy, past paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Driven and enthusiastic work approach
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.