One of my clients, an award winning media company, based in London are looking for a Finance Coordinator/Accounts assistant to join their busy and dynamic UK team.
This role is responsible for management of various aspects of the UK and related areas. Primarily this relates to cash flow forecasting, control of the payment schedule, hedging, bank reconciliations and input into cash / bank activity analysis and forecasting.
Cash flow Analysis, Forecasting and Reporting
- Daily / weekly "actuals" update of cash flow models.
- Liaison with AP Manager to ensure appropriate cash is held to run the business
- Provision of assistance to FP&A team with preparation of forecasting.
- Preparation of Group Finance 16 Week Cash Forecast for review of Management Accountant.
- Analysis of variances between cash forecast and Budget, Forecast and previous submissions.
- Provision of cash metrics to FP&A team to enable more accurate Budgeting and Forecasting.
- Provision of daily cash balances reporting to FD.
- Provision of weekly cash balance reporting to Group Finance.
- Management of Standing Order
- Monthly bank reconciliations for month end.
- Additionally this role will provide "super user" support for the Navision accounting package to the AR and AP functions.
- Liaising with ledger Managers to identify possible exposures.
- Hedging of currency exposures to protect business from currency risk and management of these hedges including filing of documentation.
- Provision of appropriate information to Management Accountant to facilitate hedge accounting.
Processes, Systems, IT and IM
- Provide Super User support to AP and AR functions, being first port of call for queries / issues.
- Responsible for escalation of queries / issues to service provider
- Maintenance of Queries and Issues log.
- Assist with departmental IT / process initiatives and development projects.
- Management and production of daily bank reconciliations in Navision.
- Agreement of month end loan balance with Group Finance and posting of interest.
- Placing and recording of FX trade requests with Group Finance.
- Maintenance of title documentation bible to log control sheet printed, contract signed, MG and hedging details etc.
- Involvement in management of Bank relationships and mandates.
- Assistance with JPM quarterly reporting.
- Placing of overnight deposits.
- Managing cash advances for the UK business.
- Well-developed analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise fashion to both a financial and non-financial audience.
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role and strive for continuous improvement
- Minimum intermediate working knowledge of MS Office software.
- An interest in the workings of accounting systems / packages.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.