Finance Director - Media & Entertainment
Global Entertainment business are looking for a high calibre qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA Finance Director to partner with the BU CEO and play a key management role to develop and execute the short and long term strategic vision for the BU and in so doing, drive business growth and provide pro-active, hands-on financial management, advice and direction. They will provide commercial input on strategic options and assist in the implementation of approved initiatives.
Managing a team of approximate 15 finance professionals (direct and indirect reporting lines) and working very closely with the divisional controlling team. This is a global role requiring flexibility to travel internationally and have calls with colleagues in the US and Europe outside of normal working hours.
Key duties of the role:
- Drive the preparation of the business unit budget, forecasts and management reporting
- Drive the business unit actual performance review, analysis of variance of results, including Working Capital and Free Cash Flow
- Responsible for the project accounting of all projects, ensuring accurate revenue recognition, optimizing margins and enabling the producers to deliver profitable projects
- Actively participate in Bid/RFP process for new business or contract renewals, including responsibility for financial modelling
- Review and control capex requests and prepare investment cases for review
- Participate to operational improvement programs in partnership with key operation managers
- Assist business unit management team in decision-making process, business cases, contract margin
- Ensure continuous controlling process enhancements
- Provide business support to operations team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified 10 + years accounting/financial controlling with progressive management experience
- Ideally from large US company background in TV, Film, Technology or Advertising
- Strong proven critical strategic thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into tactical plans
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven results oriented leader delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience developing and improving financial performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clients
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.