Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day finance activities of the business. Through developing strong relationships with heads of department and delivery managers, you will ensure the effective and efficient running of all financial activities across.
You will be responsible for high-quality financial reporting, cash-flow monitoring, ensuring regulatory compliance and effective financial controls. Working collaboratively with budget holders, you will work to ensure clear understanding and ownership of financial performance across the organisation.
- Implementing and monitoring financial process and control across the organisation
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, tax returns and submissions
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of cash flow including cash-flow forecasting and overseeing banking
- Working with the Management Accountant in production of monthly management accounts and forecasts within strict timescales
- Managing the project and grant reporting for the charity
- Providing sound financial advice to budget holders across the organisation
- Preparation of year end and statutory financial statements, liaising with external auditors as required
- Working with the HR and Operations Manager on payroll management and ensuring all central expenditure is cost-effective
- Line management of the Management Account
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of tax and accounting policy and best practice
- Experience of financial reporting to senior management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- A well organized, confident and positive self-starter, able to work on your own initiative
- Strong IT skills, including experience of working with Excel and finance systems (Quickbooks experience useful but not a requirement)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain financial matters to non-finance staff
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.