Handle are currently working with a mid-sized media business who wish to hire a qualified Finance Manager on a 12 month contract, this role could also go permanent.
Managing a team of 5 junior staff and reporting into the Head of Finance day to day duties for the Finance Manager role will include:
* Business partnering with non finance departments to make sure numbers are understood and
queries are resolved
* Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as invoice
processing, payments, and other transactions
* Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
* Assisting the FD with month end close
* Managing the payment process. Ensuring the efficiency of the payments function with
prompt, accurate and timely payments to suppliers and freelancers
* Developing appropriate controls over the end to end AP process
* Build and drive forward effective relationships and networks inside and outside of the
* Prepare monthly variance analysis against budgets, investigate key variances with budget
holders and agree actions to reduce unfavourable variances
* Supporting the annual audit process
* Continually look to improve finance processes
The successful applicant will ideally be a qualified accountant (although QBE applicants will be considered), staff management experience is ESSENTIAL (AP/AR Clerks etc). They will have a strong grasp of transactional accounting, management reporting and budgeting and forecasting.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.