This business is the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe's top e-commerce start-up. They are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes. They are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, They've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what they do.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations you will be responsible for financial accounting across the entire business, working closely with the accounting team and external advisors. This is a rare opportunity to shape the future of finance for an exciting fast-growth technology business.
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant with a sound in-house or audit background, who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is hungry to help us develop our finance function at a global level.
More specifically, they are looking for someone who will:
- Get involved in all aspects of financial performance and financial management, developing great processes and providing critical information for the business.
- Manage and develop our monthly accounting process, including variance analysis, reporting and reconciliations.
- Support the Head of Business Operations and founders with updating our business models and working on financial forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Prepare the statutory accounts and manage tax compliance (Corporate tax returns, VAT returns, PAYE, EC sales list), working with our external accountants and auditors
- Be responsible for our AP process, including critical supplier and Boutique payments
- Work closely with our advisers and the business to coordinate the setup of our international legal entities and manage their compliance, including managing our Lisbon subsidiary
- Drive process improvements with the mindset of continuous improvement, with a focus on efficiency through automation whether this means process change using excel/Xero, implementing new add-on software or working with our product team to build internal software
- Document our processes and develop our control framework
- Develop a culture of partnering across the business - working closely with department leads to provide budgets and timely financial information
- Support with the overall development of finance strategy
- Educate the business on finance and tax matters so that they can be proactive in managing change
Who you are
You are looking for a role where you get rapid exposure to what it's like operating in a top high growth start-up, and you want to roll up your sleeves and learn by getting stuck in. You are a team player, enjoy developing others and a strong communicator. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are happy juggling various tasks, respond with initiative to challenges and can quickly adapt to changing priorities. You are structured, process driven, organised and pay close attention to detail.
In terms of technical skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA,CIMA or equivalent) or highly competent finalist.
- 3-4 years audit or in house finance experience (1-2 years post qualified)
- Experience in a start-up environment or understanding of the fast-moving / hands-on environment it entails
- Retail or ecommerce background an advantage but by no means essential
- Intermediate Excel (Advanced excel an advantage)
- Knowledge of Xero or other finance systems preferable
- Competitive salary and share options
- Discount on all our boutiques
- A beautiful, dynamic office space in East London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Regular team events where they celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits package through Perkbox
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.