We at Handle are currently working with a growing media business based in Kingston who are looking to add an experienced Finance Manager to their team.
Our client are an SME business with strong values, they employ genuinely nice people and everyone works hard together towards growing the company.
Reporting into the Finance Director and with two Accounts Assistants below you your day to day duties as the Finance Manager would be:
- Preparation of the month end accounts
- Overseeing monthly close activities and ensure adherence to timetable
- Reviewing the billing function
- Prepare key balance sheet recs each quarter
- Preparing a budget and rolling quarterly forecast
- Business partnering Head of Departments so that they can access their costs vs budget / forecast
- Drive timely, high-quality short and long-term cash forecasting
- Ensure appropriate controls are being followed with client billing and credit notes
- Improve processes to track, control and analyse revenues and costs
- Conduct month-end reviews of financial performance & prepare commentary on actuals vs budget / forecast
- Manage relationship with external auditors
- Ensure year-end statutory accounts are properly prepared and appropriate information has been provided for the annual audit
- Work hand-in-hand with Project Managers to ensure support and highlight any areas where margins could be improved
- Work with the Systems Director to improve reports for the Managing Director
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) who has worked in a broad hands on role previously.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.