Finance Manager - Business Operations (with European languages)
Global Media and Entertainment giant are looking for a qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA Finance Manager - Licensee Compliance & Audit to look after assigned Regions and Territories. This person will manage licensing audits execution, deal rationalisation and deal terms recommendations. They will work with the business to serve as the project and training lead for system enhancements and business process improvement initiatives pertaining to deal-business evaluation and management and to manage the relationship with external Licensing Audit providers and assist VP in Special Projects.
This varied role will involve:
Licensee Audit and Settlements: Licensees & Agents:
- In co-operation with the Audit & Compliance team take charge of selection of audit candidates;
- For selected Licensees, assist with audit notifications and preparation with desk audit of Licensee records, including and not limited to contract history & summaries, Brand Assurance Submissions, consolidated reporting (Excel), payments, full reconciliations and any relevant correspondence;
- Assist the Audit team in final drafting of audit report, summarizing audit findings and monetary claims;
- Manage the relationship with the external Licensing Audit provider, establish audit scopes, audit programmes, provide them with relevant information for the audits, review their work and agree on the final audit findings.
- Negotiate and settle audit claims raised by Licensee Compliance or outside auditors engaged. Settlement process culminates with the issuance of an audit settlement letter and monetization of agreed upon settlement;
Partner with Category/Territory groups in Category/Territory Licensee Management
For assigned Categories/Territories:
- Conduct business reviews of key licensees as part of audits and communicate these in appropriate formats to key stakeholders.
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish any special / additional areas they deem key to be included in the business report.
- Provide assistance when calculating transfer fees, where changes in control / management in Licensees occur.
- Work with Category / Territory teams on proposed deals / renewals with Licensee health grade and financial deal term recommendations.
Licensee Interface for On-boarding/Welcoming
- Serve as the business lead for the Finance interface with licensees for the Licensee Welcome Pack;
- Training lead for contract compliance in all Terms of the agreement and Royalty completion and submission;
- Work with Financial Systems to maintain Master data to ensure accurate Licensee reporting to support the business in data analytics.
Financial Close & Forecasts
- For assigned Regions/Territories, review with EFS the quarterly bad debt reserve analysis and Memo incorporating customer risk profile payment history as well as quarterly consolidated fluctuation analyses of accounts receivable and bad debt expenses, identifying major accounts receivable.
- Review Aged Accounts jointly with EFS on a monthly basis agreeing action plans for problematic accounts including final notices/termination and write-offs.
- Other special projects as required.
- Degree level or of graduate calibre
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA or equivalent professional qualification preferred
- Major European languages (French, German, Spanish or Italian) an advantage
- Proven experience in the Licensing Industry
- Good grasp of audit and credit processes with 5+ years' experience
- Experience with international accounting, tax and business issues required
- Financial Systems Skills: Oracle and/or SAP experience required, Advanced - Microsoft suite (essential: Excel and PowerPoint, beneficial: Access), Knowledge of MS Project, PowerPoint, SQL and/or Visio, Word and Access required
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.