Finance Manager - Music
Global Record Label are looking for a high calibre qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA Finance Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the worldwide financial operations of the Company's recorded music business. The Department's primary functions include financial reporting, financial analysis, forecasting & budgeting, executive management reporting and external audit support.
This varied role will involve:
European Supply Chain
Supply chain in Europe is managed centrally and this role is responsible for all aspects of that entity's financial process and business support, with the support of the Analyst:
- Provide Financial and Business support to the Operational European Supply Chain team including reviewing best practice and implementation of new business models, as well as ensuring and improving data reliability and flow across the business
- Preparation of detailed annual budgets and monthly reforecasts plus monthly cash forecasts, in conjunction with thorough variance analysis and commentary
- Financial stock management involving inventory valuation and full obsolescence analysis
- Manage complete month end accounting process for entity from initial journal entries to final Corporate reporting submission.
Operating a network of Licensees across multi-national territories managed from a central licensing hub in London. Together with the Analyst, this role is responsible for financial & operational support to the central licensing team, including:
- Support the licensee tender and review process - analyse market and country dynamics, review & assess proposals from potential licensees and manage Corporate approval process for new deals
- Oversee set up of new Licensees, involving working with supply chain, royalties and IT to ensure smooth integration
- Preparation of detailed annual budgets, monthly reforecasts and month end postings, including variance analysis and commentary.
- Compile and present periodic management reporting for Director of Licensing and executive management
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a leading university with a 2:1 or higher
- Qualified ACMA, ACA or ACCA with 1-2 year's PQE Accountant
- Experience of working in Music, Media would be an advantage
- Highly numerate, with strong analytical skills and ability to work through problems logically
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.