Handle Recruitment are proud to be working alongside a fast growing, Music business who are looking for a Bookkeeper to join their team based in London. Being an integral part of the finance function the successful candidate will be an experienced Accounts Assistant and will work closely across all aspects of the finance team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the below duties:
- Weekly reconciliations of purchase & sales ledgers, towards preparing and executing weekly payment runs.
- Bank reconciliations, with a key focus on the accurate recording of transactions
- Raising monthly sales invoices for various income streams
- Monthly production of accurate P&L and Balance Sheet and support of monthly management accounts process and quarterly board pack reporting
- Provide detailed records of variances between consecutive months and the annual budget
- Responsible for creating/releasing the relevant journal entries between the P&L and balance sheet
- Presenting monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet, adjusting accruals and prepayments as required
- Monthly reconciliation of the fixed asset register, recording the additions or disposals of assets.
- Preparing & executing monthly payroll, including responsibility over pension scheme submissions and adherence to any legal obligations.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
You will be part qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA and experience using Xero is desirable. You will ideally have an interest in Music and be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines, you will enjoy working as part of a team and have excellent communication skills. This is an ideal role for a candidate studying towards an accounting qualifications with some practical accounting experience.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.