An exclusive opportunity has become available for a qualified Finance Manager (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) to join a Global Sports Business, based in the heart of Central London.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the direct management of 1 or 2 Accountants.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide mentoring, coaching and supervision to the accounting team (Accountant and Accounts Assistant) and support with any day to day needs
- Preparation of and presenting to the Management Board quarterly profitability analysis within the division
- Preparation of and presenting to the Management Board physical budgets and forecasts by retailer
- Review and approve journal entries, including month end accruals, prepayments and adjustment journals
- Maintain financial schedules and ledgers in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Review of month end reconciliations, including multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly management reporting packages for submission to Finance Director, UK &
- Germany, adhering to month end deadlines
- Cash flow management & reporting
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Oversee and review of payroll including informing payroll provider of necessary changes
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and provide appropriate reports
- Manage the initiation of new business trading models, including consignment, with retailers and embedding associated new processes as business as usual
- Encourage and drive process improvement activities (territory and enterprise wide)
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA or international equivalent) + suitable post qualification experience in a sports business
- Understanding relevant industry environment - football - sports
- Graduate or graduate calibre
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.