Handle are currently working with a modern & progressive high street retail brand assisting them with their search for a qualified (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) Finance Manager to head up the team responsible for the reporting on their stock & supply chain.
Managing a team of 2 and reporting directly into the Financial Controller the Finance Managers duties would include:
- Leading the accounting for gross profit, distribution costs and warehouse costs, providing commentary to senior management team on a monthly basis
- Ensuring all reporting is in accordance with IFRS accounting standards
- Developing a detailed understanding of the trading and supply chain areas
- Reviewing and challenging monthly journals and balance sheet reconciliations across all trading areas
- Business partnering with the Systems Analyst to ensure processes are upheld & developed
- Ensuring a robust financial control environment
- Preparation and review of robust and accurate Balance Sheet reconciliations to a standard whereby they mat be audited
- Assist in the delivery of interim and year-end audit information for external auditors as well as ad hoc internal audits as required
- Lead the team to deliver objectives aligned with the businesses goals
- Provide coaching to team members and support them in their career development
- Managing and supporting the team during month end and year end process to ensure all deadlines are met
The successful applicant will be a qualified Finance Manager (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) who has worked in a financial reporting focussed role whilst managing a team. Retail experience is highly desirable due to the operationally focussed nature of the role.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.