Finance Manager - TV Production
Global TV Production company are looking for an innovative and self-motivated Finance Manager to support its growing business. This role is responsible for the end-to-end ownership of HQ entities, including managing complex cost accounting and statutory reporting, building and maintaining forecast models, and working across departments to calculate and communicate intercompany recharges to the Group's production companies.
This newly created role will involve:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Working with the production company accounting teams to calculate and confirm intercompany recharges, and to prepare recharge invoices.
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany loans/balances, liaising with operating companies. Quarterly assessment of recoverability and corresponding provisions.
- Calculation of annual corporation tax packs, quarterly VAT returns, and P11D(b)/PSA returns, working with the Group Finance and Internal Audit teams to ensure compliance with the latest tax and technical updates.
- Working with the Accounts Payable Team to schedule payment runs and facilitate the team's work on assigned entities.
- Preparation of year end files and calculation of statutory accounts.
- Primary contact for internal and external auditors on assigned entities.
Forecasting, Planning & Analysis:
- Working closely with HQ department heads to prepare annual budget, reforecasts and long range plan.
- Maintenance of monthly rolling forecast models, seeking constant process and model improvement.
- Submission of forecast into the FP&A reporting system (Anaplan) working closely with the FP&A team.
- Monthly overhead and variance analysis, regularly liaising with HQ department heads regarding budgeted and actual spends, highlighting overspends and advising on rectifications.
- Preparation of cash forecasts for Group Treasury team and responding to queries.
- Ensure robust financial processes and procedures are in place, seeking constant improvement.
- Supporting the development of the Finance Assistant and Purchase Ledger Assistant.
- Manage or contribute to projects.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Financial Controller.
The successful candidate must be/have:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with 2+ years PQE
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Outstanding communicator
- Confident in building relationships with non-finance colleagues and senior management, both internally and externally
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks
- Hands-on, energetic, proactive, self-starter who is able to work to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail essential
- Excellent Excel skills
- A background in the media or a passion for the creative industries
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.