Finance Manager - TV Production
Cutting edge and expanding TV Production company are looking for an ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified Finance Manager to work closely with the senior management team and provide both financial control and commercial support.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Work with management to ensure Commercial tracker is up to date, representing latest finance plans for each show and including accurate sales forecasts and breakdown of returns to participants.
- Work with Business Affairs to maintain list of all billing opportunities and ensure invoices are raised on timely basis
- Ad hoc revenue reporting as required
- Work with FD to understand the accounting and billing requirements of both the production and corporate entities as per the underlying production contracts.
- Preparation of billing schedules for each production to ensure revenues, fees and cost recoveries are invoiced and scheduled for payment in timely fashion
- Review weekly cost reports on all shows and understand variances to budget/last forecast
- Attend weekly cost report meeting and understand/communicate the implications of changes on financial performance
- Assist with applications for funding and any audit work as required
Planning and Reporting
- Assist with budget preparation and business planning.
- Prepare revenue analysis reports showing income per title/type (development, commission, distribution fees)
- Preparation of Monthly project analysis cost reports showing costs incurred per project and work with FD ensure costs are recharged to third party as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Preparation of performance analysis and commentary for presentation to management
- Maintain accurate general, purchase and sales ledgers ensuring invoices, expenses, credit card statements and accruals are coded to correct nominal and department codes
- Preparation of Monthly project analysis reports showing costs incurred per project and work with FD ensure costs are recharged to third party as necessary.
- Maintain accurate P11D records ensuring staff benefits, if any, are captured separately.
- Maintain tracker of T&E and other discretionary spend per person.
- Qualified accountant with at least 2 years PQE
- Strong understanding of statutory reporting and solid understanding of VAT, PAYE , P11D, corporation tax
- Good presentation skills with ability to communicate financial information to finance and non- finance people
- Production background experience
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.