Finance Systems Director - Gaming
Reporting to the VP Finance Operations you will lead and manage global financial system implementations, own the finance technology infrastructure and lead a small team to ensure the day to day maintenance and support of all current finance applications. Strategically thinking and planning ahead to ensure the business takes appropriate advantage of the developing technical landscape.
- Develop, adapt and execute strategy for all financial technology, heavily integrating with IT functions within the group to achieve key business objectives while contributing directly to business and Enterprise applications priorities and planning. Contribute to the ongoing systems strategy in alignment with Company-wide strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Accountable for leading ongoing management improvements of all financial systems and technology, including updates to core financial modules and supporting modules and systems.
- Responsible for maintenance and support, including demand management, to support key finance objectives for all financial systems including Oracle R12, Hyperion, Apex, Kofax, One Source and other peripheral systems through the management of a regional team with a global remit.
- Lead financial technology infrastructure including key strategic deliverables such as upgrades, patches and ongoing functional enhancements to Oracle, Hyperion and other systems.
- Lead the team responsible for delivering a portfolio of change projects and providing day to day support for all the live systems across finance.
- Lead and manage ad hoc projects as necessary in situations of acquisition or new start up within the group.
- Work with Finance to evaluate systems related requirements, translating user expectations into technical solutions.
- Manage Finance Systems team (3 local direct reports, wider indirect team), including recruitment, performance management, mentoring, coaching and all day to day management and leadership.
- Maintaining a S-Ox compliant control environment across the team. Responsible for S-Ox controls through systems and processes owned and controlled by the finance systems team.
- Ensure consistency of coding structures between Hyperion DRM/Oracle/Hyperion and boundary systems such as Workday HCM, Concur (expenses), ADP (payroll) and others.
- Manage interfaces between Workday, TM1, Oracle, Hyperion and other boundary systems.
- Interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring skillful communication and negotiation of often complex technical matters.
- Instrumental in any future projects that change the ongoing finance systems mix.
Skills and Attributes:
You're an experienced hands on people manager who has built teams from scratch. You bring in international experience in managing people and services across borders. Other skills include:
- Ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a strong academic background
- Deep understanding of core accounting processes, including multi-currency financial reporting.
- Able to set the strategic direction for finance systems roadmaps and align to corporate strategy
- Experienced in managing and delivering a broad portfolio of system change projects across the finance function
- Strong knowledge and working experience of cloud-based Enterprise performance management systems
- Familiar with a range of systems including ERP, OLAP, Consolidation and Planning, deployed in multi-country, multi-currency environments
- Ability to maintain effective relationships within and outside of Finance
- Strong communication and presentation skills - ability to get point across when dealing with colleagues up to board level
- Understanding of SaaS and its implications for connectivity, support and upgrade cycle
- Experienced in setting up and working within effective control environments e.g. S-Ox, ITIL
- Project delivery experienced - ideally gained through multi-site, multi-country deployment projects
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills - delivering recognition and constructive criticism as needed
- Flexible approach with a willingness to constructively challenge existing practices
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.