A World Leading Entertainment company in London are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their Group Finance team on a contract basis. Working with the Financial Reporting Team the Financial Accountant will play a key role in the monthly and annual reporting deliverables of the group including maintaining significant responsibilities for the preparation and delivery of the UK group's annual statutory financial statements and the consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual results, forcast and budget.
- Preparation and timely delivery of statutory financial statements for UK group companies
- Timely preparation of audit requests engaging regularly
- Managing a primary point of contact relationship with the audit team and key financial statement preparation contacts, providing responses to audit queries throughout the course of the statutory financial statement audit engagement.
- Shared responsibility with the Financial Reporting Manager for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actuals, forecasts and budgets
- Maintaining close working relationships and liaising frequently with UK head office and subsidiary finance teams in order to ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
- Understand and assist with technical querries.
- Reviews / audits of financial processes and controls within UK group
- Design and implementation of process improvements initiatives - including implementing improvement of processes as a result of undertaking legal entity stewardship reviews.
- Preparation of financial information for the Tax Manager and tax advisors when preparing corporation tax returns for the UK portfolio of companies.
- Provision of financial information for various other tax submissions/reports
This role will suit a qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally ACA (or overseas equivalent) from a top-tier audit firm background.
- Ability to cope in a busy and demanding work environment with regular & conflicting deadlines
- Working knowledge of new UK GAAP and IFRS - ability to understand and interpret accounting treatments for new transactions or policy changes, is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to work with all levels of management within the UK group finance and management team.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.