This is a fantastic opportunity for a financial accountant to join a leading International Media Business in London. Working across various lines of the business the financial accountant will be responsible for preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts, reconciliations and reporting packages for review by the Finance Manager.
This is a great opportunity, starting as soon as possible, for a qualified (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) financial accountant, with proven experience, to join a fast pace team during a busy 6 month period.
- Working with the Finance Manager in overall preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts, reconciliations and reporting packages.
- Complete quarterly BS flux and P&L variance analysis for management and finance teams
- Ensure all reporting packages are prepared and submitted accurately and timely on a monthly and quarterly basis including balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of financial reports such as gross margin analyses and balance sheet reconciliations with commentary and follow up actions as required.
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Minimum Control Standards.
- Responsible for key reconciliations.
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual audit schedules including liaison with external auditors
- Liaise on a day to day basis with local and regional Finance, as well as the controllership teams in the US and local markets, building strong working relationship with all team members. Some level of presenting to local and regional teams may be required so strong communication skills are essential.
- Supporting management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties or projects
Skills, experience and qualifications
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified (Or similar) with strong relevant working experience
- Experience of working in a corporate environment
- Working experience of preparation of financial reports
- Strong excel skills
- SAP experience preferable
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong accounting technical knowledge and prior general ledger accounting experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.