Financial Accountant needed for an instantly recognisable publishing business! This is a 6 month contract where the main purpose of this role, will be to identify, streamline and improve the companies reporting processes. The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified (or equivalent) with a couple of years post qualification experience in a similar industry position.
- Formalise monthly/quarterly process and reporting of balance sheet reviews
- Review existing controls and processes, recommending improvements and implementing accordingly
- Documentation of processes, controls, policies and procedures
- Prepare accounting papers to support new or changed initiatives
- Support interim audit & year end processes
- Formalise process around monthly reconciliations. This could involve redesigning templates, supporting teams in terms of delivery, following up on key actions
- Work with wider finance team to develop a monthly reporting dashboard & KPI's
- Develop & maintain a risk register
- Provide support on ad hoc queries & projects
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hands on finance professional, to work for a highly reputable brand. The successful candidate will have a strong background of controls and process improvements and be willing to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You will need to be a self-starter who can work on your own initiative and bring forward ideas and recommendations.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.