Qualified Financial Accountant - Global Entertainment - Central London
My client, a global leader within the Entertainment field are looking for a fully qualified Financial Accountant to join the team during a busy time of growth and development. This Financial Accountant will be responsible for playing a key role in monthly and annual reporting including the preparation and delivery of the groups statutory financial statements and consolidation.
Candidates on a short/no notice period would be ideal for this role as we are looking for a quick start and introduction to the business following a very busy period.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified with a minimum of 3 years experience working in Audit and/or Financial Accounting.
- Key point of contact in the statutory accounts and audit process
- Shared responsibility for the preparation and timely delivery of statutory financial statements for a portfolio of seventy plus UK group companies
- Timely preparation of audit requests, engaging regularly with key contacts across the group with regards to preparation
- Regular communication with the UK group's auditors providing responses to audit queries throughout the course of the group and statutory financial statement audit engagements
- Assisting with the consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actuals, forecasts and budgets for the 25+ production and commercial labels which comprise the UK group
- Shared preparation of consolidation adjustments, and elimination entries for the UK Group's reporting deliverable
- Assisting in the collation and co-ordination of UK label's reporting pack submissions and supplementary disclosures
- Maintaining close working relationships including liaising frequently with UK head office and subsidiary finance teams in order to ensure compliance with reporting requirements and assist with reporting/technical queries.
- Reviews/audits of financial processes and controls within UK group
- Design and implementation of process improvements initiative
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of group financial accounting policies.
- Review, interpretation and application of accounting standards changes and/or the implementation of accounting standards in relation to new/one-off transactions across the UK group.
- Assist with commercial impact assessments on technical accounting changes.
- Provision of financial information for various tax submissions/reports etc..
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA
- A minimum of 3 years experience within Audit and/or Financial Accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in busy and demanding environments with regular deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of new UK GAAP and IFRS
- IT proficient with strong MS Excel skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.