Qualified Financial Accountant - Entertainment - Central London
My client, a leading Entertainment company based in Central London are looking to hire a Qualified Financial Accountant for a newly created position within the Finance team. This Financial Accountant will be responsible for management accounts, statutory accounts, reporting and helping with day to day finance tasks.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they are growing the finance function, they are looking for a hands on enthusiastic candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career within a creative environment.
- Production and distribution of the monthly management accounts, including variance analysis and commentary.
- Calculation, control and analysis of cost of sales, including commissions, third party participations and TV programme amortisation.
- Calculation, control and analysis of overhead costs.
- Preparing and posting journals
- Monthly review of the nominal ledger and all balance sheet accounts (including Fixed Assets & WIP).
- Reviewing withholding tax reconciliations and dealing with queries
- Calculating and posting monthly consolidation adjustments.
- Reviewing monthly credit control and debtors
- Producing departmental reporting
- Key point of contact with the majority shareholder in the U.S., including providing monthly reporting packs.
- Responsible for calculating and reporting talent payments and net profit shares on owned TV programmes.
- Review quarterly payaway reporting
- Review, query resolution and submission of VAT returns.
- Preparing and submitting reporting to HMRC, such as P11ds and PSAs.
- Responding to information requests from the National Office of Statistics
- Preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Key point of contact with external auditors and tax accountants to ensure that the year-end audit runs smoothly, and that the tax returns are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Administration of Purchase orders
- Reviewing and signing off payment runs.
- Identifying opportunities for improving processes and reporting.
- Assisting the Finance Controller and Finance Director with ad hoc projects
- Supporting the Royalties Manager (responsible for invoicing, credit control, royalties analysis) and the Accounts Assistant (responsible for the purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, VAT and assisting with the management accounts) with queries that they have.
- Preparing charge card statements and receipts for processing
- A background in Entertainment would be useful but not essential
- Strong academic background with relevant qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA).
- Strong technical ability, and experience of preparing accounts
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and UK reporting standards
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, and confident in dealing with people of all levels (from both finance and non-finance backgrounds)
- 'Can do' attitude, accountability, and a desire to improve financial processes and reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.