Financial Accountant - Film, TV & Games
Global Film & TV business are looking for an ACA qualified Financial Accountant to join their team. The primary purpose of this role will be ownership of all statutory reporting for specific business units within the UK (film and television distribution, games development), timely preparation of tax packs and statutory accounts, assist with the management of the external audit process, direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting, assist with review of participation accounting and banking and treasury reporting and administration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of the statutory audit process including planning, fieldwork and finalisation, through liaison with auditors, business unit finance teams and senior management
- Preparation of draft tax packs, statutory accounts and all related documentation through partnership with the business unit finance teams
- Liaison with finance teams in business units and tax team on all aspects of tax reporting, including preparation of quarterly tax forecasts and information required for annual corporation tax returns
- Review and liaison with finance teams in business units and shared delivery centre on participation accounting
- Responsibility for preparation of accurate VAT, Intrastat and ECSL returns and timely payment of VAT liabilities
- Compliance with PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) requirements
- Liaison with company secretary on board and Companies House requirements
- Review and settlement of intercompany balances
- Preparation of dividend proposals for each entity as applicable
- Liaison with shared delivery centres with regard to SAP journal postings and reporting deliverables, including clearing down balances in SAP company codes as applicable
- Subject matter expert within Corporate Finance department on statutory and tax reporting processes, issues and technical updates
- Establishment of excellent relationships with the finance functions of all applicable business units
- Any other statutory and tax reporting and compliance issues as directed by management
Skills and attributes:
- Ideally recently big 4 audit firm qualified ACA or ACCA
- Previous experience of preparing UK GAAP Statutory Accounts and liaising with external auditors is essential
- Financial or Management Accounting experience is required, some of which will have been in a US GAAP reporting environment, ideally with exposure to international operations
- VAT reporting experience essential
- Media, gaming or film production accounting would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to work independently and support other team members as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence both financial and non-financial people.
- Proactive in seeking improvements to current accounting and participations procedures.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.