We are currently working with an exciting and growing media copyrights business to find a fully qualified Financial Accountant to join their team of 6, in the Central London office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and confident individual to step into their first role within industry.
Reporting into the Financial Controller as a vital member of the team, you will be responsible for performing and maintaining all monthly and annual accounting processes and reporting, including external audit and reporting to statutory and regulatory bodies.
Main features of the role include:
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial information to key stakeholders, including Financial Controller and CFO
- Insightful interpretation of Financial information, and KPIs to help drive and grow the business
- Complete all month end activities and variance analysis for reviews to maintain the accuracy of transactions and compliance with the internal and external requirements
- Complete monthly packs and monthly commentary for FC and Senior Management
- Maintain and improving reconciliations done for distributions
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations monthly and conduct reviews
- Maintain Agency agreements and monthly reconciliations and invoicing
- Compile UK Statutory accounts annually and act as point of contact for external auditors
- Complete all Tax/Vat returns
- Manage and maintain compliance reporting processes and associated controls related to external reporting
- Maintain the company Treasury policy and reviewing regularly to give recommendations, along with the cash-flow monitoring monthly
- Support with analysis, forecasting/budgeting and production of reports
- Cover for the Management Accountant on key monthly processes
- Systems and process improvements
To be considered for this role, we are looking for:
- ACA newly qualified/one year post qualified, with practice background
- Media audit experience preferred
- Good understanding of financial accounting and reporting systems
- Excellent communication skills, and able to effectively work with both internal and external contacts.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.