We are currently looking for a newly qualified (ACA or equivalent) Accountant to join a global leading TV network as a key member of the department as Financial Accountant. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking for their first step out of practice and into the media and entertainment industry.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare support for the quarterly reporting packs including:
- analytical review of the balance sheet
- reconciliation between SAP and the reported balances
- responding the queries from Group Reporting
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns including review VAT postings for the quarter to ensure the correct treatment and preparing the quarterly VAT filing documents
- Revaluation of all liabilities and analysis of the impact recorded in the profit and loss
- Preparation and compilation of audit documentation and the assist in the statutory audit process including completion and review of the tax packs.
- Performance of Compliance function for the UK entity involving controls analysis, process re-engineering, testing and working with the business to resolve controls gaps
- Assistance to the business on all financial systems and management of changes to systems where there is an accounting impact.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with a strong background in accounting, particularly in UK GAAP and IFRS. You must have advanced Excel skills (vlookups/pivot tables) and knowledge of SAP is highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.