Key Responsibilities of the role:
Financial Analysis - 50%
- Work with the accountants and HR admin team to collect data required to issue meaningful KPIs on time every month.
- Build KPI models.
- Build rate card models that are updated at least annually or after any major change in an agency.
- Work with agencies to pull together costing models for new clients and client re-negotiations; assist agency staff with each negotiation to ensure discounts are controlled and profit margins are not compromised.
- Analyses overhead spend across the group to determine where savings can be made and initiates with the group FD, projects to achieve such savings.
- Participates, with the guidance of the group FD and FC, in the development of new accounting techniques as well as in the design and implementation of accounting subsystems.
- Consults with employees, internal managers, external auditors or other stakeholders to provide and obtain information on complex issues.
- Any other adhoc task that may be required from time to time.
System Implementation - 40%
- Responsible for an upgrade and/or implementation of a new accounting and production system.
- Will work with the agencies to ensure that their requirements are considered in the new system
People - 10%
- To develop skills and knowledge within yourself through on the job development and active participation in the agency.
- Provide continuous feedback on any developments or problems arising within the group.
- Create clear development plans for yourself and set out to achieve your goals
- Takes initiative on projects ensuring completion of delivery.
- Issue of meaningful monthly KPI and profitability reports.
- First time accuracy to all inputs and reporting.
- Delivery of timely, accurate information
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An enquiring and analytical mind.
- Ability to provide quality, accurate financial information to Group FD, Group CEO and agency boards within tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to explain technical financial terms to team members and non-financial
- Strong understanding of acquisition accounting and be up to date with the latest IFRS standards.
- Is an effective representative of the group's values and behaviours (high integrity and ethical values combined with informal approach).
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective problem solving. This person must be able to initiate action, consider problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Initiative and drive for continuous improvement - Can Do Attitude. Agency life is fast paced and work must often be turned around quickly in order to meet client demands.
- High levels of computer skills - must be able to work with ease using word, PowerPoint, Hyperion and be an advanced excel user - this is essential.
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Experience, with strong technical understanding of all key aspects of finance and accounting
- Excellent excel skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.