Key Responsibilities of the role:
Financial Analysis - 50%
- Work with agencies to pull together costing models for new clients and client re-negotiations. assist agency staff with each negotiation to ensure discounts are controlled and profit margins are not compromised.
- Be the business partner to a client team - this involves assisting project managers / client leads with pricing, reviewing cost estimates for accuracy, checking that cost estimates are captured on our internal systems, ensuring cost estimate budgets are uploaded into the accounting system, reviewing spend v budget and pushing back if costs are likely to exceed budget, closing down jobs.
- Work with the accountants and HR admin team to collect data required to issue meaningful KPIs on time every month.
- Build KPI models.
- Build rate card models that are updated at least annually or after any major change in an agency.
- Work with agencies to pull together costing models for new clients and client re-negotiations; assist agency staff with each negotiation to ensure discounts are controlled and profit margins are not compromised.
- Analyses overhead spend across the group to determine where savings can be made and initiates with the group FD, projects to achieve such savings.
- Participates, with the guidance of the group FD and FC, in the development of new accounting techniques as well as in the design and implementation of accounting subsystems.
- Consults with employees, internal managers, external auditors or other stakeholders to provide and obtain information on complex issues.
- Any other adhoc task that may be required from time to time.
System Implementation - 40%
- Work with the agencies to ensure that their requirements are considered in the new system.
- Is a key member of the team responsible for an upgrade and/or implementation of a new production, and CRM system.
- Maintain the requirements specification ensuring that the system meets these requirements.
- Assist the FC and FM with their workload while they are involved in the system upgrade.
- As part of the system implementation, work on a supplier project to introduce standard T&Cs with all major suppliers.
- Assist the CFO with the renegotiation of supplier agreements.
People - 10%
- To develop skills and knowledge within yourself through on the job development and active participation in the agency.
- Provide continuous feedback on any developments or problems arising within the group.
- Create clear development plans for yourself and set out to achieve your goals
- Takes initiative on projects ensuring completion of delivery.
- Issue of meaningful monthly KPI and profitability reports.
- First time accuracy to all inputs and reporting.
- Delivery of timely, accurate information
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An enquiring and analytical mind.
- Ability to provide quality, accurate financial information to Group FD, Group CEO and agency boards within tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to explain technical financial terms to team members and non-financial
- Strong understanding of acquisition accounting and be up to date with the latest IFRS standards.
- Is an effective representative of the group's values and behaviours (high integrity and ethical values combined with informal approach).
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective problem solving. This person must be able to initiate action, consider problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Initiative and drive for continuous improvement - Can Do Attitude. Agency life is fast paced and work must often be turned around quickly in order to meet client demands.
- High levels of computer skills - must be able to work with ease using word, PowerPoint, Hyperion and be an advanced excel user - this is essential.
- ACA/ACCA or equivalent
- Experience, with strong technical understanding of all key aspects of finance and accounting
- Excellent excel skills.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.