We at Handle are very excited to be working with a fast growing retailer assisting them with their search for a part-qualified/finalist level Financial Analyst to join them on a temp basis for 12 months.
Working in a team of 5 and reporting to the Senior Finance Manager the duties of the role will include:
* Monthly partnering with the Business to review actual costs (capex & opex) against budget/forecast, variance analysis/investigation and preparation of insightful commentary for management reporting
* Monthly forecasting of financials and reporting packs
* Building forecasting models for key tech contracts to support in identifying risks and opps
* Preparing annual and long term planning models, and engage with the business on key assumptions
* Supporting on governance and engagement strategy with the tech teams
* Supporting on investment appraisals relating to business funding requests
* Reconciliation of total tech costs and how they split out across capital projects and the P&L
* Management of resource costs and improving reporting of capex utilisation
The successful Financial Analyst will be actively studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA) and will have previous experience working in a business focussed role within a commercial finance function.
Retail experience is highly desirable though not essential!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.